Short Game - Lesson Summary
I hope you have enjoyed this series of golf tips on the short game. If you apply these to your game you will save shots and improve your golf handicap.
If you enjoyed the tips you may want to buy Pocketshots Short game - Speciality Shots for even more shot saving opportunities and shots around the green.
The key points to remember are:
• Always run the ball if you can!
• If in doubt keep your stance open and weight favouring the left side
• A relaxed but firm grip will offer greater feel and control of the club
• A weaker grip - showing only 1 or 2 knuckles of left hand helps
• The further forward your hands are at impact, the lower the ball flight
• Keep the “triangle” set at address during the swing action it stays in front of the body
It’s easier to chip with any club between 5 iron and PW
It’s easier to pitch with any club between PW and LW
Chip - select less lofted club, hit firmer = less carry, more roll
Pitch - select less lofted club for lower flight or hit firmer and land the ball closer to the hole
Pre-order the Official 2010 Ryder Cup DVD today
Many congratulations to Lee Westwood, who has just been crowned World No.1 Golfer. He is of course, coached by Europe's No.1 Golf Coach, Pete Cowen, whose videos you'll find here on Save a Million Shots.
We're very pleased to bring you a special offer to purchase the official Ryder Cup DVDs, which are due for release on 22 November. As an additional offer from us, if you place an order for either the Ryder Cup DVD or the Ryder Cup Diary DVD, we'll give you five Pocketshots (worth £20!) on us. These make excellent stocking fillers for Christmas!
Simply visit our online golf store and order your DVDs today!