Master the 5 Fundamental Principles of Bunker Play
I’m now going to share with you some fundamental principles of bunker play.
Knowledge of these basic concepts will allow you to experiment with your technique, to practise effectively and ultimately to visualise and execute your bunker shots effectively.
There are 5 key concepts
- SHAFT LEAN + SWING PATH = DYNAMIC LOFT
- Centre of Gravity control (around your navel) through postural control throughout the swing is critical to consistent striking
- The setup routine is crucial to the shape, plane, loft, and alignment of your swing
- The ball is just a big grain of sand; splash the sand onto the green and you will have a good chance of the ball reacting in the same fashion
- Varying the length (particularly of the follow through) and the speed of your swings will vary distance, trajectory and spin rate of the ball
Pre-order the Official 2010 Ryder Cup DVD today
Many congratulations to Lee Westwood, who has just been crowned World No.1 Golfer. He is of course, coached by Europe's No.1 Golf Coach, Pete Cowen, whose videos you'll find here on Save a Million Shots.
We're very pleased to bring you a special offer to purchase the official Ryder Cup DVDs, which are due for release on 22 November. As an additional offer from us, if you place an order for either the Ryder Cup DVD or the Ryder Cup Diary DVD, we'll give you five Pocketshots (worth £20!) on us. These make excellent stocking fillers for Christmas!
Simply visit our online golf store and order your DVDs today!